Followers

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Famous Citizens of England

England has many famous citizens that have influenced the world. Sir Isaac Newton has influenced the study of Science, Music has been influenced by popular singers like Adele and William Shakespeare has inspired authors to write for centuries!  There are so many English celebrities that I couldn't possibly blog about all of them! These are my favourite famous people from England.

I couldn't possibly blog on this topic without mentioning the Spice Girls.  The band orginanted from England and was created on January 1, 1994.  The members of the all-girl band included Geri Halliwell, Melanie Brown, Victoria Adams (now Victoria Beckham), Melanie Chisholm, and  Emma Bunton. They instantly had chart-topping singles and when "Wannabe" was released, it added more success to the already successful band. Unfortunatly, the girls disbanned fourteen years later on January 1, 2008.  The Spice Girls made amazing music and they have obviously brought "Girl Power" to England.

This person is somebody I owe all of my childhood too. She changed my view on life and made me realize it is important to always look for the good in others.  Joanne Kathleen Rowling, aka JK Rowling, is most famous for writing the Harry Potter Series.  Rowling first thought of the idea on a train ride from Manchester to London in 1990 where she had thought of some of her first chracters.  JK Rowling is the first author to become a billionare and she is one of the richest people in the world! Rowling is currently working on another book separate from Harry Potter called A Current Vacancy and her main character is Barry. Coincidence... I think not!


Although they were before my time, I think the Beatles were the best English musicians!  The band was made up of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and George Harrison.  Not only was the band involved in music but art, literature, film and fashion as well.  Their songs about peace, love and help have changed the world of pop culture as we know it and "Yellow Submarine" gave us a good campfire song.  The Beatles have been recognized as "The Beatles" since 1960 but John Lennon and Paul McCartney were already playing together since 1957. George Harrison joined them in 1958. Unfortunately, the band split up on December 31, 1970.  The Beatles are undoubtedly the most successful band of all time and England is lucky to have such wonderful muscians originate from there. 

There are so many other celebrities from England like four out of the five members of One Direction and most of the cast from Harry Potter.  However, these people mentioned above are the ones who influenced different areas of my life.


 Websites Used:

3 comments:

  1. Wow Andrea! That is very interesting, It's weird to see how many of our favourite famous people are from England. I don't know about Spain, but I'm pretty sure the only really famous people we know from them are the soccer stars! It was really interesting to read about how they all got started on their careers that made them famous and what they are up to right now. I really enjoyed your blog this week! I was very surprised that I didn't see anything about the One Direction group or Rupert Grint though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is pretty cool Andrea! I learned a lot about your blog today. I didn't know that the Spice Girls orginanted from England, and that the Beatles were the best English musicians. That is really cool that all of the famous people that I knew of came from England. I think the only person that every body knows of from Germany was Hitler. I hope to read more of your posts on England. Oh, and another thing that Melanie Brown could be related to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very cool. I love the Beatles and I'm glad you were able to mention them in your blog. I didn't know a whole lot about them, so I'm very happy that I learned ssomething this weekend! I'm sure that Ms. S was very excited at the mentioning of the Spice Girls. It was good to read about people that I usually wouldn't try to learn about in my spare time. Good job!

    ReplyDelete